Thursday, May 22, 2014

Setbacks

Time has become a huge setback for me. I barley have any free time as it is between school, homework and sports so my nights seem to pass in the blink of an eye leaving me little or no time to go for a run. Luckily most of what we do during lacrosse practice involves running. Games, drills and conditioning will all help with the strengthening of my lungs and body. I would like to be able to go for more long distance runs but for now I have to settle for short quick runs that i am instructed to do. The weather has also been a major setback. As we all know Michigan weather is very in consistent. It is hard to become motivated when you look outside and it is gloomy and cold. However, now that the weather is getting warmer and it is staying light out later I am hoping to have more opportunities to run. Time and weather are my main setbacks right now but, I am looking forward to overcoming them. Once lacrosse ends and summer comes I am planning to run each day in order to progress. I am not sure how soon I will be able to run a half marathon but i still am determined to do it! I will not give up on this goal no matter the setbacks (:

No comments:

Post a Comment